BREAKING

mercredi 9 avril 2014

Muscle & Fitness War 2014 Preview

The upcoming annual Muscle & Fitness War bodybuilding & fitness contest will be held at University Cultural Centre, National University of Singapore on 11 January 2014. Fueled by the rise of the popularity of bodybuilding and fitness in general, Muscle & Fitness War 2014 has broken the record of having the most contestants ever in MFW history with over 60 contestants across all categories. Expect tonnes of new, young talents in the line up including some who are ready to shock the Singapore bodybuilding scene. If you haven’t gotten your tickets yet, details are in the poster below.
Muscle & Fitness War 2014
In this preview I’m gonna introduce some of the contestants. However, do take note of a few things. Firstly, this isn’t the complete list of ALL contestants. Some may be out of reach, last-minute sign-ups or might not want to be featured here. Secondly, these photos are of contestants BEFORE MFW2014. No matter how they look in these photos, what really counts is how they look on the contest day itself.

Men’s Bodybuilding, Tertiary Under-170cm

Muhammad Hyder Bin Raman
Hyder
Height: 166cm Weight: 63kg
Contest History: None
What are your strong points?
My front double biceps and lat spread, although I think that my arms are still small.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
This is my first time competing and I just wanna do my best and also experience what is it like being on stage. My goal is to be in the top 5.
Any message for your competitors?
All the best in your prep and let’s have a good show. :)
Aaron Pua
Aaron Pua
Height: 163cm Weight: 62kg
Contest History: None
What are your strong points?
Back, chest and legs
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
Top 3.
Any message for your competitors?
All the best to all competitors!
Oliver Raaj
Oliver Raaj
Height: 170cm Weight: 68kg
Contest History: None
What are your strong points?
My arms.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
To gain experience and do my best.
Any message for your competitors?
I don’t have any message but I want to learn from them.
Fazul Idham Bin Ibrahim
Aizud & Fadzul - Copy
Height: 166cm Weight: 73kg
Contest History:
Muscle War 2010 – Tertiary Under-170cm -5th
Mr Singapore 2010 – Junior Under-60kg – 4th
What are your strong points?
Delts, triceps.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
My goal for MFW2014 is to achieve a much better physique than in 2010. Hoping to be thicker, fuller and have better separated quads.
Any message for your competitors?
I’m really glad that we all went through tough times together, just for one day of showdown. I’m really looking forward to making new friends with all my competitors, including those whom I won’t be facing on stage too. Lets make MFW2014 the most memorable one for the audiences and judges.
Michael Marc Ong
Michael Marc Ong
Height: 163cm Weight: 68kg
Contest History:
Muscle Explosion 2010 – Juni0r Under-70kg – 2nd
What are your strong points?
Abs.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
Top 5.
Any message for your competitors?
*angry face*
Brendan Ong
Brendan Ong
Height: 168cm Weight: 73kg
Contest History: None
What are your strong points?
Not really a strong point but I would say that my shoulders and biceps are much better than my other parts.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
My goal would be to finish in the top 3. I did not have much preparation coming into this contest but I hope to place well.
Any message for your competitors?
I would like to wish all competitors, “All the best!”
Leroy Kiang
Leroy Kiang
Height: 165cm Weight: 68kg
Contest History: None
What are your strong points?
Back and legs.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
Aiming for top 3.
Any message for your competitors?
Look forward to meeting my fellow competitors and best of luck!
Bryan Teo
Bryan Teo
Height: 170cm Weight: 70kg
Contest History: None
What are your strong points?
Strong points of my physique are probably my arms.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
To be in the best shape of my life.
Any message for your competitors?
Everybody trained hard and diet hard so yeah. All the best.
Bryan Quek
Bryan Quek
Height: 168cm Weight: 64kg
Contest History:
Muscle & Fitness War 2013 – Tertiary Under-170cm – 2nd
SBBF Mr Singapore – Junior – 1st
What are your strong points?
I don’t think I have one. Maybe it’s my forearms.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
To place better than this year.
Any message for your competitors?
All the best to all competitors!
John Lee Chung
John Lee Chung (2)-horz
Height: 169cm Weight: 79kg
Contest History: None
What are your strong points?
Legs.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
To gain experience.
Any message for your competitors?
Hope every competitor brings out the best in them.
Tan Kha Seng
Tan Kha Seng
Height: 164cm Weight: 69kg
Contest History:
Muscle & Fitness War 2013 – Tertiary Under-170cm – 4th
SBPF Mr Singapore – Junior Under-70kg, 1st; Men’s Under-60kg, 3rd
What are your strong points?
Legs and chest.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
To get top 3.
Any message for your competitors?
It has been a long and tough journey for all of you. Enjoy the process, enjoy the ambience of the stage and lastly it’s time to shine!
Ashley Foo
Ashley Foo
Height: 164cm Weight: 70kg
Contest History: None
What are your strong points?
I’ve heard arms. I’ve heard hammies. I’ve heard traps. Let me know on 11 Jan!
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
To step on stage the best I can be with no regrets.
Any message for your competitors?
Few can relate to what we are going through. If you are suffering as I am, be encouraged. You’re not alone. Let’s put on a good show for everyone.

Men’s Bodybuilding, Tertiary Above-170cm

Yong Zen Ming
Yong Zen Ming
Height: 173cm Weight: 73kg
Contest History: None
What are your strong points?
Strongest point of my physique I would say none. Still working hard on them.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
Mainly to gain experience as this is my first contest. :)
Any message for your competitors?
All the best to you guys out there on stage that day. And train hard for the last 2 weeks!
Sherman Chia
Sherman Chia
Height: 173cm Weight: 67kg
Contest History: None
What are your strong points?
Back double biceps.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
Top 5.
Any message for your competitors?
Good luck to everyone who is competing. It has been tough getting here. Enjoy the process!
Mitcher Pang
Mitcher Pang
Height: 191cm Weight: 109kg
Contest History: None
What are your strong points?
Is height a strength?
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
It’s my first contest. Win or lose, it’s good for me.
Any message for your competitors?
I hope everyone have fun!
Liu Shenyu
Shenyu
Height: 176cm Weight: 77kg
Contest History: None
What are your strong points?
I’m not sure.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
All I wish for is to not be the worst!
Any message for your competitors?
Actually nothing serious. I am from China, maybe I just want to prove that China does not only have nerds who only know how to study. China also got muscleman! Haha.
Joshua Woo
Joshua Woo
Height: 179cm Weight: 85kg
Contest History:
Muscle war 2013, Tertiary Above 170cm, DNP
What are your strong points?
My legs! I definitely don’t skip legs day. ;)
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
To redeem myself for last year’s bad showing and place in the top 3!
Any message for your competitors?
The road’s been long and tough,but hang in there for the final stretch!
Leon Tan
Leon
Height: 173cm Weight: 73kg
Contest History:
None
What are your strong points?
No strong points, still need to work harder.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
To place well and gain experience.
Any message for your competitors?
It doesn’t matter who win or lose as long as we learn from our mistake and touch up on our weak points and let’s make friends and learn from each other!
Lam Yi He
Lam Yihe
Height: 172cm Weight: 75kg
Contest History:
Muscle & Fitness War 2012 – Tertiary Above-170cm – 5th
What are your strong points?
My strong point is probably my back. As I used to be a dragonboat rower my back has always been the best part of my body.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
My goal is to bring out my best physique for Muscle War. To see how much I have improved.
Any message for your competitors?
I hope to have a great time with you all. May we enjoy the fruits of our hard work on Muscle War day!
Victor Ong
Victor Ong
Height: 171cm Weight: 80kg
Contest History: None
What are your strong points?
Chest
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
To make my debut in the bodybuilding scene.
Any message for your competitors?
Do your best. Hope you win, but I will not be far behind. :)
Tan Jian Wei
Tan Jian Wei
Height: 178cm Weight: 90kg
Contest History: None
What are your strong points?
No strong points. Have a lot to improve.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
My goal is to get a placing on stage and keep on improving on my physique.
Any message for your competitors?
All the best! *thumbs up*
Ahmad Zaki
IMG_7716
Height: 173cm Weight: 79kg
Contest History:
2008 Mens National Junior & Mr Cairnhill Bodybuilding Championship. Men’s Above 70kg category – 2nd
Muscle & Fitness War 2009. Tertiary Above-170cm – 4th
Muscle Explosion 2009, Under-70kg, 5th
Mr Singapore 2009 – Junior Under-70kg, 3rd
Mr Singapore 2010 – Junior Under-80kg, 2nd
What are your strong points?
I feel that this is not something I can judge for myself. Different people may have different opinions on my physique. So, I will let them judge themselves.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
Try to achieve a placing as high as possible. Most importantly is to have fun during the competition.
Any message for your competitors?
Just do your best and enjoy yourself. I believe that every competitor goes through the tough times of dieting. So, it’s best to have fun during the competition.
Eugene Cheong
Eugene Cheong
Height: 174cm Weight: 79kg
Contest History: None
What are your strong points?
Veterans say that my chest is well developed, personally I find my traps and arms to be my best assets.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
Aiming for top 3 position in my category.
Any message for your competitors?
See ya all ON THE PODIUM!
Ang Boon Yew
Ang Boon Yew
Height: 172cm Weight: 77kg
Contest History:
Muscle war 2013, Tertiary Above 170cm, DNP
What are your strong points?
Chest and legs from powerlifting. Hehe.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
Most importantly to come in with better conditioning and size than last year and secondly to place in the top 5.
Any message for your competitors?
It’s probably going to be tough fight this year and I do hope everyone will be able to look their best and be proud of what they have prepared so hard for, which is the most important thing at the end of the day.

Ladies’ Body Fitness

Angeline Pham
Angeline Pham
Height: 157cm Weight: 45kg
Contest History: None
What are your strong points?
I have been developing my physique to meet the IFBB Bikini standards and I feel that I fit well in this category. I feel the strengths of my physique are proportions and the natural and aesthetic look.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
MFW2014 will be my first fitness competition and I want to use it as an opportunity to gain experience in contest preparation and my stage routine.
Any message for your competitors?
Hope that we all enjoy the journey and gain something useful from the experience.
Amanda Yew
Amanda Yew
Height: 152cm Weight: 52kg
Contest History: None
What are your strong points?
Hmm, my strong points would be my back because I notice it progress much faster compared to other parts of my body.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
My goal for MFW2014 is to have fun, get some experience and learn from the pros.
Any message for your competitors?
Good luck to all the competitors out there. This journey isn’t easy but it is definitely worth it. Lets show the people what we’ve got! :)
Eva Komarudin
Eva Komarudin
Height: 155cm Weight: 51kg
Contest History:
SFBF Mr Singapore 2011 – Women’s Bikini Fitness – 5th
What are your strong points?
My stronger point of my physique right now probably upper body specially my shoulders.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
It is nice to be able to motivate myself and others especially mothers at my age to be able to be fit again or even to compete here! I would like to win too of course but I am happy right now that I am on the fittest stage in my life. :)
Any message for your competitors?
My message is just have fun! And very best of luck for the competition. It is harder to compete with your self sometimes!
Madeleine Png
Madeleine Png
Height: 162cm Weight: 52kg
Contest History:
Muscle & Fitness War 2013 – Ladies’ Body Fitness – 1st
Mr Singapore 2013 – Ladies’ Model Physique – 1st
ABBF Asian Championships – Ladies’ Model Physique – 4th
What are your strong points?
Well I guess it’s my back.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
My goal for this year is to see improvement in my own physique as compared to my last competition. Winning will be a bonus of course.
Any message for your competitors?
My message for the rest who are competing is that, you’ve got to enjoy the journey in the midst of the prep. Keep the faith and don’t stop even though you don’t seem to see results. Bodybuilding needs lots of dedication, patience and time. We don’t build a good body overnight. And best of all, we get to learn a lot more than just building muscles. It’s a life changing journey. :)
Yvonne Chong
Yvonne Chong
Height: 155cm Weight: 50kg
Contest History:
Mr Singapore 2012 – Ladies’ Model Physique – 3rd
What are your strong points?
I don’t think I have any strong points yet. I am trying to achieve an overall beauty. I believe that women physiques should have a flow of a strong woman’s curves.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
My goal is to come back stronger and better than I was in 2012.
Any message for your competitors?
Let’s have fun and put our best performance for everybody. All our hard work of many months of dieting and training will be recognized on stage.
Sarah Ruth Stallman
Sarah Ruth Stallman
Height: 172cm Weight: 59kg
Contest History:
NANBF Nutri-Sport Natural Iowa Bodybuilding and Figure Championships, Bikini Tall – 4th
NGA Titan Classic, Bikini Tall – 5th
What are your strong points?
I enjoy training legs, particularly quads. It’s hard work, but always rewarding!
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
To become more accustomed to a figure-type level of competing and improve my posing technique.
Any message for your competitors?
Congratulations on all of your hard work! Be proud of what you’ve accomplished, and most importantly, enjoy it and have fun! :)
Ng Shi Xin
Ng Shi Xin
Height: 160cm Weight: 50kg
Contest History: None
What are your strong points?
I don’t have any strong points. Need to work harder on them.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
To gain experience and to be in my best shape.
Any message for your competitors?
Remember what you’re here for. Persevere.

Men’s Bodybuilding, Open

Alex Javier
Alex Javier
Height: 165cm Weight: 85kg
Contest History:
2011 SFBF Mr Singapore Overall Winner
2013 Muscle & Fitness War – Men’s Open, 4th
2013 Shawn Rhoden Classic – 4th
What are your strong points?
My strong point is the symmetry of my upper body.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
My goal is to place in the top 3 or perhaps even 1st.
Any message for your competitors?
Good luck to all fellow competitors!
Muhammad Aizuddin Bin Nasser
Aizud & Fadzul
Height: 170cm Weight: 71kg
Contest History: Nutriman – 1st runner up
What are your strong points?
Not sure, but I think my triceps.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
My goal is to experience being on stage for a real bodybuilding contest and to make better preparation for the 2014 nationals.
Any message for your competitors?
I don’t have a message for my competitors but they are all looking awesome.
Dex Tey
Dex Tey
Height: 167cm Weight: 80kg
Contest History:
Mr Singapore 2010 – Junior Flyweight runner-up
Mr Singapore 2011 – Junior Lightweight runner-up
Mr Singapore 2011 – Lightweight 2nd runner-up
CDANS Strongman Challenge Bodybuilding 2013 – Open, 4th
Mr Singapore 2013 – Light Middleweight – 1st
What are your strong points?
No strong points. All weak points now.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
To bring a better package than my previous contests and to live up to my expectations.
Any message for your competitors?
All of us have came a long way and it’s 2 weeks out from today. I have dieted for several contests before and I know the journey is really tough. Not only we feel physically drained, but the pressure we face is mentally torturing as well. I know there are a lot of first timers taking part in this contest, and I just want everyone to do their best, enjoy this process, leave no regrets and put up a great show on stage. We are all winners already. And last but not least, we can all enjoy the food in 14 days time.
Lex Tan
Lex Tan
Height: 180cm Weight: 94kg
Contest History:
Pesta Sukan Junior Bodybuilding Championships 2005, Above 75kg – 6th
Mr Singapore 2008, Junior Above 75kg & Junior Overall – 1st
Muscle & Fitness War 2011, Men’s Open – 5th
HomeTeamNS Bodybuilding Championships Men’s Open – 7th
Mr Singapore 2013, Men’s Above 85kg – 2nd
What are your strong points?
I would have to say my separated quads, sadly they are my only strong point. HAHA!
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
To win of course! But at the end of day, I want to be better than my previous showing.
Any message for your competitors?
All the best and lets rock the stage together!
Hasbullah Bin Mohd Salam
Haskoi
Height: 168cm Weight: 68kg
Contest History: None
What are your strong points?
My biceps and abs.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
To reach the posedown!
Any message for your competitors?
Wishing all the best to all competitors!
Md Harith Dinie B Mokhalil
Harith Dinie
Height: 165cm Weight: 70kg
Contest History: None
What are your strong points?
My shoulders, I guess.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
To at least make it for a callout!
Any message for your competitors?
Good luck bodybuilders! Haha.
Cody Adnan
Cody Adnan
Height: 171cm Weight: 75kg
Contest History: None
What are your strong points?
My strong point is my entire physique. I’m amazed at what I’ve achieved so far even though I may not be the best among all the other bodybuilders. This is the best physique I’ve had in my entire 32 years of life!
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
My goal is to overcome stage fright when facing the judges.
Any message for your competitors?
I may not be the best now but I’ll be back and be the best of the best!
Sasi Zura Raush
Sasi Zura Raush
Height: 170cm Weight: 80kg
Contest History:
Mr Singapore 2007 – Overall Champion
Mr Singapore 2008 – Lightweight – 1st
2011 Arnold Amateur – 75-80kg – 14th
SFBF Mr Singapore 2011 – 2nd
SBBF Mr Singapore 2013 – Overall Champion
What are your strong points?
 I don’t really train for any strong points. Overall balance and symmetry are vital in bodybuilding.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
Have as much fun as possible, like I always do.
Any message for your competitors?
Have a blast and enjoy yourselves on stage. This is your time to shine.
Abdul Razak Bin Senawi (Ray)
Ray Razak
Height: 163cm Weight: 70kg
Contest History: None
What are your strong points?
 I guess it’s my delts during a back double biceps pose.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
To show the world my commitment to bodybuilding, gain experience, gain exposure and most of all, to know the level I’m at so I know what I should work on.
Any message for your competitors?
All the best and good luck to you, fitfam! It will be a good one! *flex biceps*
Ivan Quek
Ivan Quek
Height: 168cm Weight: 83kg
Contest History:
Muscle Storm 2005 – 1st
Muscle & Fitness War 2008 – Tertiary Under-170cm – 2nd
Muscle & Fitness War 2013 – Open – 3rd
What are your strong points?
 I think I got a strong chest and triceps and fairly good legs for my height.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
My goal for MFW2014 is to “wow” the crowd and judges as I went in too “flat” this year at 77kg so my approach for MFW2014 is to be fuller and heavier. And of course to win it!!
Any message for your competitors?
To my friends who are also competing, I wish you all the best for the prep as dieting and training can be quite strenuous especially during holiday season. Hang in there!
Jason Poh
Jason Poh
Height: 172cm Weight: 74kg
Contest History:
Nutriman 2013 – Champion
What are your strong points?
I don’t think I’ve any strong points in my physique but there’s only weak point which is my legs.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
Actually, for MFW2014, I know that for my size I may not be able to win but I just wish to gain some stage experience like posing and all.
Any message for your competitors?
Give me some chance la.
Tahir Dnyl
Tahir Dnyl
Height: 170cm Weight: 72kg
Contest History:
Muscle & Fitness War 2013 – Men’s Open – 5th
What are your strong points?
Strong points of my physique.. I guess proportion, symmetry and conditioning.
What’s your goal for MFW2014?
To place in the top 3.
Any message for your competitors?
Hope you guys are in the best shape of your lives… I know i will be. :)

1 commentaire:

  1. For natural testosterone booster supplements, ProMuscle Fit ranks high on the list. It may not be quite as potent as some of the fastest muscle builders, but what it can lack in speed, it makes up for in recovery benefits. naturaltestosteronebooster.org

    RépondreSupprimer

 
Copyright © 2013 Key Pirate
Distributed By Free Blogger Templates | Design by FBTemplates | emThemes
    Twitter Facebook Google Plus Vimeo Videosmall Flickr YouTube